Re: Alteration of Batteries Compartment for Transporter Energy Lithium Batteries on SM2000

Screws and double-face tape for sure and possibly some glue. You have to remove the carpet on the top of the lid to access the screws.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022, 08:55 Alex Lomakin via groups.io <alexander.a.lomakin=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dear all,

I have recently upgraded my domestic bank to Transporter Energy Lithium batteries, aka Dragonfly Batteries in the US.

The TE batteries have fitted inside the standard compartment very well except for the height. The new batteries are about 2.5 cm (1 inch) higher.

So to be able to close the compartment properly I need to alter the vertical bracing beam, marked on a picture with a crude red arrow (please see the attached picture), which is not an easy task, while the beam is attached to the bottom part of the bank. Hence, I need to remove it first.

Does anyone know how this beam is attached to the bank: is it just glued or glued and also screwed on?

Thank you very much,

Alex

Alexander Lomakin
SV Silver Star, #416