Re: Windlass lip seal Amel 54

Nick Newington

Scott
I do not think you will get two in. In any case I think that water just runs down the vertical shaft and into the locker below More or less harmlessly. Once you have it all moving, that is the vertical shaft is all greased, it is a five minute job to replace the seal.
Nick

On 18 Aug 2022, at 23:53, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

Great, thank you Nick! I am wondering if there's enough space to put two lip seals in there, similar to how our C drive has two lip seals facing in one direction.

Looking at the price of the gearbox/motor for that windlass, I would like all the protection I can get against saltwater intrusion!
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69