Leaking Dessalator HP hose

Scott SV Tengah

I'm sure I'm not the first person experiencing this problem, but it's a first for me, so hoping for some tips.

The high pressure hose / connector interface on our Duo100 is showing signs of leakage. This is the connector that is closest to the blue bulb on the HP pump.

See attached photo.

We're in a pretty remote location (Eastern Fiji) right now and I'd like to verify that we can fix this problem ourselves without additional replacement parts before I do something terribly wrong and end up without a functioning water maker.

Here are the instructions I'm intending to follow:
https://www.dessalator.fr/wp-content/uploads/brochtech/HP-CONNECTORS.pdf

My understanding is that I simply need to unscrew (clockwise) the HP connector from the black hose, cut the hose a bit shorter and screw the connector back on, anti-clockwise. The stainless elbow that is already installed on the HP connector does not need to be removed from the HP connector, correct?

And yes, we have used and will continue to use Loctite 542 on the flare fittings, per Dessalator instructions.

Thanks!
--
ScottĀ
2007 A54 #69