From: Barry
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 12:49 AM
Subject: [Amel] Chain Counter

Hi Guys, This may have been covered before somewhere here but can anyone provide me with some information on how to diagnose problems associated with my chain counter not working. I have two zeros on the gauge and I suspect the problem is at the magnetic switching device at the windlass.

There are three wires based upon the diagrm on the switch, Brown ( positive), Black which seems to connect via the switching mechanisim to positive as well and a blue wire to negative. I have tried to waver a magnet past the switch with no effect. The switch is manufactured by Etector IFM Electronics with possble identifcation numbers IB5076 IB-3020-BNKG. Any clues?

Best Regards
Barry & Robyn
Tradewinds III SM 171