Re: Wave slap / banging under the stern

Barry Connor

Hi Richard,
I don’t have a photo handy but if your search “Slap Stopper” you should find what you need. US supplier.
Ours works perfectly In marinas.
Very Best

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54.  #17
Southern Caribbean

On Aug 30, 2022, at 11:00 AM, Bill Kinney <cruisingconsulting@...> wrote:

The only time this even a thing on Harmonie is when we are in a marina, and the wind blows at us from the stern with enough fetch to make larger waves.  This is this something we even notice at anchor, and never is it annoying enough that we even dream it’s worth doing something about. Seriously, we notice the snapping of the shrimp more than wave slap.

Of course, in line with Bill Rouse’ comments above, I have lived on sailboats for close to 25 years, so my brain probably has better “boat noise filters” than most people.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Port Louis, Grenada
http://www.cruisingconsulting.com