De: amelliahona <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
Para: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Enviado: jue,8 abril, 2010 20:53
Asunto: Re: [Amel] Chain Counter

Hi Bill:

Not an ignorant question at all, or at least I didn't think so when I asked the
Pochon rep. in Guadeloupe the exact same question. I was prepared to install
a switch to turn it off when not in use but it had worked just fine for 8 years
and the Pochon guy said that it should not be turned off. He felt the cycling
of power was harder on the units than just leaving them on.

Gary s/v Liahona Amel #335

--- In amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com, "svbebe" <yahoogroups@ ...> wrote:

Ok, I have to ask this ignorant question: Do you turn the chain counter OFF? If so, why?

BeBe's chain counter has been ON for the past 7 years and I am way too superstitious to say that it has not failed...nope I did not say that.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe. SM2k, #387
Currently Malaysia