Re: Standing Rigging replacement Amel 54 and changes made

Scott SV Tengah

My suggestion was to upgrade the mizzen D1 (lower shrouds) to 8mm, not the backstays.

In any event, the reasoning is that I have broken strands on both mizzen D1 shrouds and Caraibe Greement has stated that they believe that a 7mm D1 on the mizzen is too small and in the future, when a client comes in and has a stated plan to circumnavigate, he will strongly suggest that they upgrade the mizzen D1.

This is, of course, just one rigger's opinion and one person's (myself) experience. YMMV.

I have not upgraded the MAIN D1 to 12mm yet. That will be happening soon. Good to hear that perhaps I will not need to drill out the tang.

--
ScottĀ
2007 A54 #69