Re: Maramu bow thruster

paolo <paolopepere@...>

Why another battery? when you use bow thruster the engine is on, like when you use windlass you haven't another battery.Less weight but the important is the correct wiring's section.
I don't know the power of my bow thruster (I have a Sharki but is the same model mounted originally on Maramu), but is largely sufficient.
Of course a retractable model is preferable than a tube-installed model.
Ciao
Paolo Pepere Sharki n. 174

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Horst Pause <horst.puddleduck@...> wrote:

I am in the Med (at the moment near Athens but may go to Tureky later) and am thinking of having a bow thruster installed. 10hp should suffice together with a battery in the forepeak that can be charged with the normal house batteries. Has anyone got any experience where I can get the tube professionally installed and then the bow thruster?

Thanks, Horst Maramu 168, Puddleduck