De : Anne and John Hollamby
À : amelyachtowners
Date : 2010-04-13, 10:33:55
Sujet : Re: Re: [Amel] Heads seacock on SM2K

Hello Yves,
I think I understand ! But you have to unscew the whole valve complete and replace it with a new one.
That is what I did a few years ago. It was pretty easy once I got the hose off. The central part of the valve is not removable so far as I know so the whole unit has to be sent to be recycled if you want to get full brownie points.

Best wishes, John, SM 319
De : Anne and John Hollamby
À : amelyachtowners
Date : 2010-04-12, 10:13:14
Sujet : Re: [Amel] Heads seacock on SM2K

Dear Yves and Marie Christine,
The same valve seized up years ago on my boat and I had to replace it even though I was not so strong as to be able to break the shaft. To replace the valve remove the shelf and the plastic pipe from the holding tank. You will find that it is best to make a vertical slash in it where it is stuck onto the tank and the valve with a razor knife. You will then be able to remove the damaged valve and fit a new one using proper sanitary hose.
It was not my favourite job especially as one inevitably gets on intimate terms with the WC pan !
I suppose that whilst the tube is open you should feel the inside to see whether you should do a descaling job as described by S/V Bebe in the archives.

Best wishes from Anne and John