Re: [Amel] Chain Counter

Barry Ferguson <seagasm@...>

Hi Bill, I placed the order which was confirmed to the branch in Melbourne.
This was confirmed in writing. I rang them today inquiring when I would
receive the purchase. I was told the part was not in stock and had to come
from Germany and would take at least two weeks. I spoke to the technician
who suggested an alternative part apparently identical in appearance that
would do the same job but only two wires are needed and the protection rated
at IP 65 not IP 67 as with the IB5076. I have agreed to accept this
alternative sensor with the agreement that if it does not work, it will be
returned and the original ordered part will be sent from Germany. I cannot
quote the part number at present but, if you like I will keep you informed.

Best Regards
Barry Ferguson
Tradewinds III SM 171

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 3:20 PM, svbebe <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Barry,

OK, I have the Product cut-sheet that you uploaded. I had previously
downloaded the same cut-sheet from the IFM website.

My purposes are to try to order a replacement. I also have been in contact
with IFM in the US. A few days ago hey told me that it is not longer
available.

- Did you contact IFM USA or some other IFM branch?
- Did the they say it was available?
- Did you order it?
- Do you have the contact information?
- Can you post a method for me and others to order one?

Best,

Bill
s/v Bebe, SM2k, #387

--