[Amel] Re: Main outhaul gearbox

Jim,

If Bruce Winship bruce"at"shelterbaymarina.com is there, then yes, I would have complete confidence that he will get the work done. At the time we were there, we got to know Bruce fairly well. He is a cruiser who is also a building construction engineer. He supervised most of the construction of Shelter Bay. When we were there, Bruce had a yard crew of about 6-10 employees and he also had several independent marine mechanical and engineering firms that he used as subcontractors.

Email him and see what he says.

Also, if you will email me your email address (bill"at"svbebe.com), I will send your email address to the owner of Shelter Bay and get him in the loop for you.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, #387
Currently Malaysia
blog: http://www.svbebe.com

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Dernehl" <jim.dernehl@...> wrote:

Bill,

I am very close to bringing my boat to Shelter Bay Marina from
Boca's Del Toro in-order to install a new cutlass bearing and Generator.
I am planning to have the generator shipped from the USA to Shelter Bay
in the next 1-2 months. Would you have any comments regarding the work
quality and level of responsibility at this marina??