Re: YANMAR ENGINE PROBLEMS

kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>

what engine do you have
Do you have the 4jh3hte?
eric

kikberlite

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "jfolino901"
<jfolino901@y...> wrote:
ON MY SM #347 FROM TIME-TO-TIME WHEN I SHUT DOWN THE ENGINE BY
PRESSING THE KILL SWITCH, NOTHING HAPPENS (I.E. THE ENGINE
CONTINUES
TO RUN). SO I OPERATE THE MANUAL FUEL SHUTOFF ON THE ENGINE.
HOWEVER
NOW THE KEY SWITCH WON'T START THE ENGINE.
WHILE IN GUADELOUPE AMEL REPLACED THE SOLENOID AND A RELATED RELAY
WHICH WORKED FOR A WHILE, BUT THE SAME PROBLEM HAS RETURNED.
FORTUNATELY AMEL FIT AN EMERGENCY START BUTTON SOLENOID WHICH HAS
ALLOWED ME TO START THE ENGINE BY BOTH PRESSING THIS BUTTON WHILE
SOMEONE ELSE TURNS THE KEY TO START AT THE YANMAR PANEL.
ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS?
JOHN FOLINO SULAJON