Re: Still looking for info Painting the deck

JB Duler

Eric,

Last year I scrapped the decks, plugged the holes and used one, sometimes two, coats of two part epoxy primer from Hempel. I had fine cracks and it did a great job.

For the paint I used a two part polyurethane paint from a wholesale paint supplier serving the auto industry. They can match exactly the color you need.
I did a lot of research and found that the so called "marine products" were not better.

I added small plastic balls for anti skid (bought them by the pound).
I used the roller with the paint cartridge for the grooves. Depending on the location the width is different.

Really happy with the results and the strength of the paint.

If you need I can send you more info and photos and datasheets.
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco