Re: YANMAR ENGINE PROBLEMS

jfolino901 <jfolino901@...>

ERIC YES I HAVE THE YANMAR 4JHE-TE. THEV ENGINE RUNS PERFECTLY EXCEPT
FOR THIS GLITCH.
JOHN

kikberlite

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "jfolino901"
<jfolino901@y...> wrote:
ON MY SM #347 FROM TIME-TO-TIME WHEN I SHUT DOWN THE ENGINE BY
PRESSING THE KILL SWITCH, NOTHING HAPPENS (I.E. THE ENGINE
CONTINUES
TO RUN). SO I OPERATE THE MANUAL FUEL SHUTOFF ON THE ENGINE.
HOWEVER
NOW THE KEY SWITCH WON'T START THE ENGINE.
WHILE IN GUADELOUPE AMEL REPLACED THE SOLENOID AND A RELATED
RELAY
WHICH WORKED FOR A WHILE, BUT THE SAME PROBLEM HAS RETURNED.
FORTUNATELY AMEL FIT AN EMERGENCY START BUTTON SOLENOID WHICH HAS
ALLOWED ME TO START THE ENGINE BY BOTH PRESSING THIS BUTTON WHILE
SOMEONE ELSE TURNS THE KEY TO START AT THE YANMAR PANEL.
ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS?
JOHN FOLINO SULAJON