Re: [Amel] 220v Dinghy Pump

kimberlite <kimberlite@...>

I always assumed that the inflators were 12 volt units since I had Amel
install a 24 volt outlet in the cockpit and it has the same plug. My
assumption is that the pumps were 12 volt pumps wired in series. The
circuit breaker for mine is located above the mid ships bunk.

Eric Frosyth is a rather modest man Cruising Club of America Blue water
medal winner. At least 3 circumnavigations returning including a
circumnavigation of the Antarctic. He has also been to Iceland and
Greenland 2 years ago. This time as I am sure you know he completed the
Northwest Passage in the last year.

I believe he is about 75 or 76.

We have sailed together on Kimberlite to a CCA rally and he was fabulous
crew and very entertaining. He built his boat from the hull up in his
backyard. It took 8 years. He is an old time very tough old sailor.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@...
<mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net> >
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, May 28, 2010, 9:16 PM

My boat came with two 12 volt inflators connected together do you have a
inverter on board that delivers 110 volts? I have a spare for sale.