Amel Marmu Questions

Philip

Hello,

My wife and I have an accepted offer for a 1985 46' Maramu Nirvana Ketch. It has mostly original equipment and rigging, including the electric furling on the head sail and main.

This weekend we will be doing the sea trial and then the survey next week.

We would greatly appreciate any advice about things to look for during the sea trial and survey.

Are there things you, as owners, wished you had checked in advance? Are there maintenance or refit issues we should be prepared for?

As long time and fairly long distance cruisers we are quite taken with the Amel, even if this one does not work out we will certainly look for another.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

-Phil
Anacortes, WA