From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Diane Nielsen
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 12:30 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel] Autohelm 7000 low battery

Thank you for all of the suggestions. We

Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe <yahoogroups@svbebe.com
<mailto:yahoogroups%40svbebe.com> > wrote:

First, check the voltage at the 24 volt bus near the course computer.
Assuming that you have good voltage at that point, I can almost guaranty
that the following will work.

Next, buy some CorrosionX. Place a very small amount in a small container.
Using a small brush, coat all of the wire contact points where a wire,
connector, or a clip joins either the course computer, the drive, and the
control head. If a Raymarine Seatalk connector is used at the control head,
remove it and coat the pins and the inside of the receptacle.

This stuff is amazing. I have used it on wiring connections, computers,
everything. It is a private company that produces CorrosionX for Aviation
and Marine solutions. http://www.corrosionx.com/ It is not flammable. If you
have to ship it via air, buy the trigger bottle, because the aerosol will be
considered dangerous.

I do not have any connection with this company...if it were a public
company, I would buy stock!

Let me know if it works for you...so far I am batting 1000 in situations
like you described.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2k, #387