Re: [Amel] Maramu Galley Sink Drain Question

karkauai

Hi, Howard,
That is how Amel does their grey water.  We have to be very careful on Kristy SM243 not to put any foodstuffs down the sink, but even so will get a funky smell from the bilge every few days even when we're not cooking...just from shower/sink drainage.  I put a little bleach and a little soap in each of the sinks and run it into the bilge, let it sit a while, then pump it out using the whale pump that takes almost all of the water out (rather than the electric pump that leaves a good bit in the bilge).  If I do that about twice a week I don't get any smell from the bilge, and I use the whale pump on a regular basis to keep it from drying out and make sure it works.

I'd be interested if anyone else has another solution to the grey water smells.  I have thoroughly cleaned the bilge last Fall, but it didn't really change the odor issue.

Kent
SM243
KRISTY