Re: Maramu Galley Sink Drain Question

Howard Berger

Kent/Malcolm,

Thanks for your replies, gentlemen, and thank you for confirming the sinks are intended to drain into the bilge.

I think we're going to see if we can come up with a solution that utilizes the cockpit scuppers to get the water overboard. Will keep you apprised of our progress.

Best to all,
Howard
s/v JAZZ Maramu 144

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Malcolm Phillips <MPhillips@...> wrote:

Hi Kent/ Howard,

Having tried most things you mentioned my solution has been to
regularly remove the pipe and strum box ( still attached by
the suction pipe to the whale ) and then to hi pressure jet
wash the sump, keeping your face well clear and extending the
jet face to the very bottom of the sump and thoroughly
cleaning the base around the earth straps. This, together with
pumping with the whale every few days on board, keeps the
smell at bay.

Malcolm SM464

Bon Jovi