SM Davits

karkauai

Back again...trying to keep these ?'s separate for future searches.

I'm going to put some davits on KRISTY. Have read all the prior posts I could find, and looked at the few posted pics of davits. So far I think I'd like to have just davits without the overhead panel for solar panels, etc. Those of you that have relatively low profile swing-out davits have any thoughts about performance, installation problems, electric winches, raising the dink with outboard attached, or other issues I should know about? What brands have been tried on the SM with success or failure? Any problems with certain size/weight dinks? Anybody have a separate "crane" to lift the outboard without having to use the mizzen boom?
Thanks in advance.
Kent
SM243
KRISTY