From: kimberlite <kimberlite@...>
Sender: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 21:58:29
To: <amelyachtowners@...>
Subject: RE: [Amel] Re: Mounting of AIS GPS ANTENNA

Richard,

The antenna does not work under the dodger---my Garmin handheld does ---I
guess the acr unit is not as good. My thought of mounting it on the port
rail is that I fear interference with the Raymarine GPS antenna already
mounted there.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@...
<mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net> >
Sender: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 19:57:13
To: <amelyachtowners@...
<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> >

Bill,

I already had an ais receive only antenna mounted on the top of the mizzen
dedicated to the AIS only.

I have now purchased an AIS transceiver and my question was where do I mount

the GPS dome for the new AIS unit?

Thanks for all of your work, photos and advice on our boats.

From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...