Re: [Amel] Re: Mounting of AIS GPS ANTENNA

kimberlite <kimberlite@...>

Kent,

I already have a dedicated VHF antenna mounted on the mizzen from my receive
only Ais which I replaced with the ACR transceiver. Unfortunately a separate
gps is required with the transceiver by law !!. secondly there is no nmea
input on the unit for the ships gps input.

I have looked at many units hoping to use the ships GPS however I did not
find one.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

From: richard03801@... <mailto:richard03801%40yahoo.com>
<richard03801@... <mailto:richard03801%40yahoo.com> >
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 9:03 PM

Eric have you thought about putting it on your port aft rail, or under the
dodger? We find that our secondary GPS a hand held works well using its
internal antenna as well as an external.
Your thoughts.
Richard SM209
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T