Re: [Amel] Re: Mounting of AIS GPS ANTENNA

kimberlite <kimberlite@...>

Ok here is the explanation.

The AIS B is required to have its own GPS since the boat it is mounted on
might not have a GPS.

The GPS dome does NOT transmit it locates my boat and sends it out vis the
VHF antenna that I had originally installed for my AIS receive only unit.

The AIS (by nasa) receive only used my ships gps to locate where I was in
reference to the transmitted location of other ships.

I hopes that explains the AIS issue.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@...
<mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net> >
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 12:44 PM

Do you have a AIS receiver only or an Ais receiver/transmitter?

From: amelyachtowners@...