[Amel] Re: Outhaul

karkauai

Hi again, everyone,
I'm going to replace the outhaul line and jibcar lines on KRISTY and was lookin back over this thread from a year ago. Eric recommended 3/8" Endura Braid by NE Ropes and Richard said he used 7/16 XL by Samson and that it worked well too. I've been searching the net and have found that the Endura Braid in 3/8" (10mm) is $2.50+/foot, while the Samson 7/16 XLS is $.94 /ft. I was amazed to see this much difference in the two lines. Unless someone has a good reason not to go with the Samson XLS I think I've made my choice.
Kent
SM 243
KRISTY