From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of richard03801
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:46 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Re: Installing AIS receiver on Furuno Plotter

Dennis there are a number of stand alone units available take a look at the
Defender site for best price and selection. We successfully use a unit from
NASA hooked via solider to the VHF ant and the gps via nema. If you ck with
Eric on this site I think he has a receive only he wants to sell.
Good luck
Richard on SM 209

--- In amelyachtowners@...
<mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com> , "dennis" <DENNISWOODS@...>
wrote:

I have been advised that the Furuno chart plotter on my 2003 SM has Navnet
1 software installed and cannot accept an AIS receiver. Can anyone help a i
frequently sail through high density traffic and AIS would be useful to say
the least.
many thanks, Dennis Woods, Il Flauto Magico SM 408