From: kimberlite <kimberlite@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Fri, July 2, 2010 7:49:13 PM
Subject: RE: [Amel] topping lift replacement

I have replaced mine twice.

On Kimberlite I just opened up the end of the boom and you will see the
attachment points to the line that makes up the topping lift. I believe I
used hog rings to replace the bungee cord.

At the mast end of the boom there is a pocket cut into the underside of the
boom and the cord just hooks up on to a bracket inside the boom. The trick
is to figure out how long the bungee cord should be. I pulled a line down
the boom and attached it to the mast end of the cord and had someone pull on
it. You just have to play with the length. There is quite a bit of tension
required on the bungee to keep the boom up.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____