Raising the waterline on an SM

Hi y'all, Over the years we have lost count of the number of times we have cleaned our water line, the white line between the antifouling and the orange strip and indeed the orange strip itself aft of the cockpit as Pen Azen, in common with many SMs , always seems to be slightly down at the stern. Last August, when we applied Coppercoat, we decided to be bold and apply the Coppercoat right up to the top of the orange strip and to add a new blue strip above that, leaving a white strip between the Coppercoat and the blue. We were not certain how the raised waterline would look but having done it we are delighted.No longer does the white strip need cleaning and the raised waterline makes the hull look just a little bit sleeker. When you do clean and polish the topsides there is a smaller area to clean and, when still in the water, little risk of getting your rag wet.We can recommend it.
And what of the Coppercoat? We applied it last August and from then until mid June this year Pen Azen did not leave her marina berth at Swanwick on the Hamble river in southern England. The marina is in a very muddy river and ordinarily we would have expected fouling and barnacles.This time when I dived to check the hull ( 14 degrees C .....) there were no barnacles but there was a layer of slime, thicker higher up, very little below 50cm or so. It came off easily with a wipe of a scratchy kitchen sponge and from the experience of others I would not expect to have to wipe the hull again while we are using the boat.For those that don't haul their boat it seems that an annual wipe usually suffices. For those that do, a pressure wash on hauling does the trick. I will report in about 6 months time to see how things proceed.
Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Plockton , Scotland( at anchor with a F9 forecast,an improvement on the F10 of two days ago but with the same rain....)

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/