Re: Freezer/refrigerator thermostat for SM

Eric,

If you had the thermostats "freeze up" due to corrosion like I had, you might try what I did. I removed the knobs and coated the exposed shafts with CorrosionX. I let them sit for 24 hours and re-applied. I let this sit for another 24 hours, reapplied, then used pliers to turn the shafts. First back and forth about 10 degrees, increasing by about 10 degrees until I could rotate the stems freely from min to max.

They have worked fin since this treatment about 6 months ago.

Veco told me the same thing and said that the digital thermostat they they sell will work...it seems to me that I read in this group that someone had installed the digital thermostats.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, #387

--- In amelyachtowners@..., kimberlite <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have a defective freezer refrigerator thermostat in my unit under the
settee seat. It has two knobs and a switch between the knobs.

Does anyone have a source for this? I tried Veco USA and they are out of
production. Has anyone installed a digital thermostat? If so where?

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite