Re: YANMAR ENGINE PROBLEMS

kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>

i do not believe the gold solenoid (made by valeo) was your problem.
the yanmar has a floating ground and the solenoid only closes the
negative side so the starter motor will work.
i believe your problem is probably the black relay (from yanmar)
just forward of the gold valeo solenoid.
where are you located?
eric
s/v kimberlite SM # 376

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "the Lundstroms"
<linneasail@h...> wrote:
Re: YANMAR ENGINE PROBLEMS

We are also having problems with shutting down our Yanmar (4JH3-
HTE), but no
starting problems. I had a technician look at it today, and he
believes that
the gold colored shutoff relay (solenoid?) located on the port
side of the
engine was getting stuck. We added some lubrication, and it seems
like the
problem is solved. However, I wouldn't be sure until we have used
the engine
for a few more days.

S/Y Linnea (hull #366)
Walter Lundstrom