Re: security Windward Islands

jjwiggin02 <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Claude Roessiger
<nearlynothing@y...> wrote:
I intend to base my SM in the Windward Islands this
winter. Most probably Grenada at the Yacht Club Marina
in St. George's or St. Lucia at the Rodney Bay Marina.
I know both and both have seemed safe. A recent issue
of Yachting World suggests otherwise, even speaking of
"all the time crime" on Grenada. The boat will be left
untended for about 4-5 weeks; the rest of the time,
when we're not aboard, there will be a female crew on
board, alone, and her security would also be a
concern, if there is cause. Both these facilities
represent that they have 24 hour guard.
I'd be interested in any thoughts regarding (a) the
boat's security at these facilities, and (b) the
crew's security on the respective islands.
Thanks very much.
Cheers!
Claude Roessiger SM#308, Nanuq
We left our SM at Rodney Bay Marina for 4-5 weeks following the last
ARC (Dec and Jan). We had no problems and felt very secure. I cannot
speak for Grenada.

Jim Wiggin
http://search.yahoo.com