Re: portlight "drip guard" & genoa track wheel

ladyannila <kanalmamman@...>

When we were in La Rochelle, France at the Amel poonton I saw this arrangement on an Super Maramu.
Please look in the Album "Portlight sun and drip protection". Maybee it can help if you can't get hold of a new plastic one.

Regards
Annsofie
S/Y Lady Annila. SM 232
for the moment in La Coruña, Spain

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, john martin <symoondog@...> wrote:

Hello All,

Most SM's (as well as other Amel models) seem to have the galley portlight equipped with a plastic drip guard. Ours is starting to chip and degrade. It works very nicely and I'd like to have one for the aft head port as well. The Amel parts department just told me they no longer carry them in stock, and did not offer any advice about an alternative source. I have never seen one on another type boat. There is nothing similar on the Goiot web site. Does anyone know of a source for a similar device ?

Similarly, the black line wheel at the aft end of one of our genoa track systems has cracked and no doubt the other one will crack soon too. These are stamped Amel; Amel can provide them for 133 Euros each + shipping to the US. Does anyone know of an alternate source ?

Thanks

Ruth

MOON DOG

SM #248