Re: [Amel] B&G Sonic Speed sensor and "the barnacle"

FYI, I received the following email from Boris COMPAGNON at Amel After Service:

"The rubber bumper you have in hands is just a protection cover of the sensor. If this not in place, you may find the sensor disturbed while sailing...The informartions may be wrong.

You can reglue it.

There is no access for this sensor from inside the boat."

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Malaysia

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Richard,

It is the upper hull-mount sensor i.e the rear facing sensor.

Bill
s/v BeBe

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Richard03801 <richard03801@> wrote:

Bill this looks like the lens and and cover. Can or will you please confirm that your photo is from the "upper" hull mount sensor and not the keel unit. I think if it is the upper you can access-it from the forward cabin. If it is the keel you most likely have a big job on your hands. We have an SM and getting to the keel unit would be a major pain to the point that I'd consider putting in a new speed and water temp unit in place of the forward sensor. I know it's not Amel but given your current location well we all do what we have to do. In any case we would NOT go to sea w/0 a fix or at least fast expoxie on the hole and deal with later. Good luck.
Regards
Richard Piller