From: deborah <woodsdeborah_56@...>
Subject: [Amel] We are just about ready!
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Tuesday, August 10, 2010, 4:14 PM

We have a 1979 Amel Maramu in which we are just about to do the same as yourselves! We have had the hull checked out and it is sound we have of course had some refitting to do but rest assured we have already put her through her paces in a Force 9 going through Tarifa and she was up to anything that the elements flung at her that night! She is our pride and joy and we have already had some great sailing and are looking forward to many more great sailing Years. The only real issue we have had is the Amel droop which is common to a lot of older boats but we have just about finished dealing with that now. With good maintenance and regular updating of equipment 15 year old Amels are mere adolescents!!

Best of luck and in case you haven't got the right impression you will have to go a long way to beat an Amel!! (LOL)

Deb and John
SV Orion1