Re: Halon Fire Suppression and Halon canister

This is probably going to set a record for being wrong and the number of replies to my own posting...BUT, the automatic engine room extinguisher is CO2, not Halon...I do not know where I got the idea it was Halon, but at least I know where the canister is!.

I am truly embarrassed so please don't rub it in.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Singapore

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

OK, bad on me for still learning...it has only been 5 years. With some help from my friends I found it. It is under/inside that nice plywood box in the cockpit lazerette that I always store my toolbox on top of.

I uploaded a photo of this and the other Fire Suppression equipment at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amelyachtowners/photos/album/2020584319/pic/908011227/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

Sorry I bothered you.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Singapore

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Judy and Bill aboard SV BeBe" <yahoogroups@> wrote:

I am in Singapore and found a company that services Halon fire suppression systems. I need to find the Halon canister. I had assumed that it was the small canister in the ceiling of the engine room. The service man said, no that the small canister is the starter for the Halon.

I noticed some tubes that disappear in the ceiling foam.

Does anyone know where the canister is?

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2k, #387