Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] YANMAR 4JH3-TE ENGINE

Krassopoulos Dimitris <dkra@...>

I had a similar problem on my previous boat an Amel Santorin. You can
recognise that there is a possible leak by having sea water coming in the
expansion tank in the engine room. The oil becomes an emulsion getting white
like milk. The possible problem could be a damage in the rings at the end of
the shaft which can be created by a rope or net in the propeller or by a
fishing plastic line. You can fix it easily if you have the rings haul out
the boat keep it hanging and replace the rings on the spot and bring the
boat back in the water. Be sure to order before the two rings from Amel.

Best Regards

Dimitris Krassopoulos

Mobile GSM: +306944302318
Email: dkra@almalibre.gr <mailto:dkra@almalibre.gr>