The overhaul kit sent to my by Olivier Beaute of Amel included the following:

Bearing: SKF 6201 Quantity One
Bearing: SKF 6006-2RS1 Quantity Two
O rings: Size not indicated Quantity Two
Seals: CFW-F2 BAF SL DRWX7 30 45 5 Quantity 2
Seal: Paulstra 725.476 20.38.8 IEL Quantity 1

Hope this helps.

Gary Sea Cow Bay , Tortola,

Well, is it possible to know the O rings size ?
Regards
Giovanni TESTA..now at home.
EUTIKIA SM2K n 428

----- Original Message -----
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel] Re: Furling and Outhaul Gearboxes

Hi Kent, we got beaqrings, seals and brushes from a small electric motor rewindfing shop in St John Antiga, These parts are readily available wherever motor rewinding is done (brushes, the bearings and seals world wide at bearing engineering suppliers.
Regards
Danny and Yvonne in Huahine French Polynesia
SM299 Ocean Pearl

--- On Thu, 26/8/10, Kent Robertson <karkauai@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: [Amel] Re: Furling and Outhaul Gearboxes
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 26, August, 2010, 4:16 AM

Hi, Craig, et al.
I'm having trouble finding parts for the main furler and outhaul gear boxes, and brushes for the motors for these units. I'm told that the motors are now "obsolete" and that the manufacturer no longer carries the brushes. Amel is quoting $890 ea for the gear boxes, $1962 ea for the motor/gearbox assemblies, and $11,083 for the genoa furler mechanism...plus taxes and shipping!!! I would surely like to avoid having to purchase new ones if the old ones can be overhauled enough to be safe. What spares would you carry for these units for sailing the S. Pacific?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kent
SM243
KRISTY

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "sv Sangaris" <sangaris@...> wrote:
" ...take this opportunity to open your jib furler gear box and thoroughly maintain it - replace all the seals plus bearings, especially if there's any sign of water ingress.
Caspar and Vito were recently talking here (on the DB) about grease leaking on the deck from the furler gearbox (it's probably not the grease inside the furler extrusion) - that's not normal and imho is the clarion call that you're overdue to open up the unit and fix it. Btw, these are all stock parts from mechanical suppliers so no need to go to the factory. Same thing for the outhaul and main furling gear boxes - may as well stick new brushes in the motors too, and burnish the commutators."

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nessun virus nel messaggio in arrivo.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 8.5.441 / Database dei virus: 271.1.1/3092 - Data di rilascio: 08/24/10 15:31:00

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.