To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:34:35 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Thomson Australe Washing machine

Us again. We have this washing machine on board and after ten years of use its bearings are starting to protest. Has anyone replaced these bearings? Any tips?We live in fear that the whole thing will pack up, but yesterday, here in Spain, we discovered a near identical machine. Spanish made ( I'm not sure that the original is still made by Thomson, but presumably they have flogged off the m oulds to someone else) I will post details later of the name of the Spanish version. It costs 420 Euros, more than the usual vertical door opener because there is little demand for a small top opener. However, the Spanish one does 6 kg,one more than the Thomson Cheers, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Spain