Re: NECO AUTOPILOTS - MARAMU 1981

Alejandro Paquin <simpatico_amel_maramu@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@..., kimberlite1212
<no_reply@y...> wrote:
--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Alejandro Paquin"
<simpatico_amel_maramu@y...> wrote:

Does anyone know somebody who could help me diagnose a
malfunction
in
my NECO Autopilot?
A.Paquin
what model neco do you have? where are you located?
eric
kimberlite
I'm located near La Guaira, Venezuela in Club Puerto Azul and my NECO
Autopilot , built in July 1980 was installed on my Maramu one year
later. I have a 12VDC system equipped with a reverse rotation motor
(Model G7R) a contro unit model 692CU and transmitting compass model
nm3.
The unit began failing by not making corrections to port and then
ceased to respond completely. The wiring and the units are impecable,
never in contact with water, and the electric motor works when
operated vía the contactors in the motor itself (in both directions).
The units have never been serviced and are in their original state.
No metal objects are near the compass.

I'd apreciate any help I can get with my problem.

Thanks for asking,

Alex