Airco AMEL 54

sv_seda <no_reply@...>

Having sailed our new 54 first time in the Med this summer I have to express my big disappointment relating to the air-condition of the AMEL 54. All three of the units tend to get icy because they are not able to cope with the normal heat of the Mediterranean summer. Once they are icy they do not produce cold air anymore. It might work up to temperatures around 25°C but not above. Even if you follow the advice of Amel to go step by step to lower degrees it does not work. This is clearly a question of bad design. I never had this kind of problems with the aircons of the Super Maramu – it is bringing some shame on the Amel yard. I talked to some expert who told me that the in- and outlet of the units are way to small. Now I do not know what to do. Does anybody else has noticed this problem?
All the best
Markus