Perfect tool for cleaning the Sea Chest fill pipe and seacock

I have had various sticks, rods and pipes that I have used to clean out the Sea Chest fill pipe and seacock, but none of them worked as good as the one that I recently fabricated. You can see a photo and get dimensions in the photo section of this website at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amelyachtowners/photos/album/1208267126/pic/250648401/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

I made it out of a piece of electrical PVC conduit with an OD of about 21.4mm and a bottle brush with an OD of about 40mm. I bent a small loop in the wire end of the bottle brush and secured it to the PVC by drilling and screwing a small stainless steel screw through the pipe, grinding off the tip of the screw.

Really works great. I think it should be required equipment!

Hope this helps some of you.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2k, #387