Re: Maramu engine replacement

Dave_Benjamin

Bob,

Our Maramu and a few others that I know of have been repowered with a 75hp Yanmar turbodiesel. If you plan to keep the boat long term it may be worth considering.

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "bsarff" <bsarff@...> wrote:

I have an 1985 Maramu with a Perkins 4.154 that I had to replace a fresh water pump on last week. I had trouble finding the replacement pump and heard a lot of comments about "this is obsolete" and we can't get parts any longer. Have other owners of this engine has the same problem and do you know if there is a suitable replacement engine that will fit? Do I need to make major modifications to the engine mounting platform and do I need to replace the transmission too?

Thanks, Bob
S/V Chara