Re: Downwind Sailing

karkauai

Hi, again, Amel brothers and sisters.

New ? about the downwind rig. After replacing my standing rigging I replaced the supports on the shrouds that support the jockey poles. When they seem to fit perfectly on the shrouds, the ring that the pole goes through looks too low by about 6 inches. If I raise the support (by the way, what do we call these supports?) enough to be straight out from the socket in the mast, it looks like it would pull the shrouds together. Does it give some or should I just try to raise it at the outer shrouds? I think I am right in assuming that the jockey pole should be parallel to the water line???

Thanks again in advance for your advice.

Kent
SM243
KRISTY