Re: Downwind Sailing

Kent,

Regarding the shroud support ring that the short pole goes through in the rigging, the center of this ring is about 77" from the top of the rail. The rigging has not been removed on BeBe.

Yes, the short pole is slightly lower at the shroud side than the mast side (didn't measure).

Hope this helps.

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2k, #387
Currently Malasia/Thailand area
Blog: http://www.svbebe.com

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Kent Robertson" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Hi, again, Amel brothers and sisters.

New ? about the downwind rig. After replacing my standing rigging I replaced the supports on the shrouds that support the jockey poles. When they seem to fit perfectly on the shrouds, the ring that the pole goes through looks too low by about 6 inches. If I raise the support (by the way, what do we call these supports?) enough to be straight out from the socket in the mast, it looks like it would pull the shrouds together. Does it give some or should I just try to raise it at the outer shrouds? I think I am right in assuming that the jockey pole should be parallel to the water line???

Thanks again in advance for your advice.

Kent
SM243
KRISTY