Ocean Hobo Santorin 96

Ivan Campbell <i-campbell@...>

Hi All

I seem to have a serious problem with the stability of my boat. I recently
fitted a Hydrovane Self Steering gear through the bumper offset to the port
side. My boat now has a list of about 5 degrees to port. When a heavy crew
member stands on the starboard side in the opposing position it makes no
difference. A friend and crew recently took the boat to Gran Canaria in
preparation for the ARC. It was sailed with a lot of weight in the lazerette
and the boat screwed to windward in force7 so much that it broached several
times. They are experienced sailors and assure me the sails were well
balanced. They did not use the wind vane. On arrival in port they moved all
the weight from the lazarette and distributed it on the port side but the
boat still has a 3 degree list to port.

Any answers to this .

The ARC starts in 3 weeks.

Ivan Campbell