Tips needed for Works needed

belitbh <belitbh@...>

Hi, we are wintering our boat these days and need some good tips in order to get the most put of it, any relevant info will be highly appriciated -
1. Engine - is it worthwise to temper with anything as long as there is no evidence for problems? (except of normal maintenance of filters and oil) bear in mind - 3,000hrs engine, looks ok, good performance, no leakages etc...
2. It seems that our hatches are bit 'tired' and the rear cabin hatch is complaining by leaking... - any recommendation for new hatches, stadard ones which can fit well? are the Santorin hatches matching standard sizes of the various manufacturers?
3. in our last sailing, the connection between the bilge pump to its electric motor has disconnected (it looks like battery terminal connection), we have observed that the 'shaft' coming out of the motor is too short what makes the 'battery terminal band' holding not ideal - is it by original design or maybe the motor is not properly positioned? in this regard, we want to put a back up pump - any tips on which will be the best and how to connect one (outlet, position etc...)?
4. any seals 'must' replace (propeller, sail drive, engine...)?
5. Furling systems – any special treatment required there?- not the electric motors, but the furlers. (again no problem at all and I am reluctant to let anyone tempering with it unless necessary).

thanks you all so much

Belit