Mainsail Outhaul Car and Shackle

Thomas <thomas.kleman@...>

On the topic of "small job turns bigger", I recently set about replacing the outhaul drive line on the main boom. I discovered that the shackle has a crack in the crossbar. In looking for a replacement, I have come to learn that this piece is actually a standard Wichard shackle where the screw threads have been bored out (to allow for the unthreaded dowell which holds it in the car) and has been modified with a welded crossbar (from Amel ?). Anyway, I'm having one fabricated but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem/opportunity to learn ?

Hoping one of you bought one a Westmarine for .79 cents recently.

Tom and Kirstin
SM2K #422