From: Dave_Benjamin
Date: Monday, November 15, 2010 9:43 pm
Subject: [Amel] Maramu stuffing box issue
To: amelyachtowners@...

The boat is in Mexico and I'm in the states doing some shopping.
Before I left I noted that our stuffing box is attached to the
log with 2 inch (51mm) hose. When I went to buy a new stuffing
box today I discovered they are set up for 2.5 inch hose not 2
inch. I am wondering if someone cut some threads inside the
existing stuffing box and screwed in a 2 inch diam tailpiece. If
that's the common scheme it would be easy enought to duplicate.
I'd like to know as much as possible before we haul the boat.

Our boat has a 1 3/8 inch shaft and it's been repowered with a
Yanmar so there is actually a lot of room behind the engine.

Regards,

Dave Benjamin
Maramu #29