Re: Re : [Amel] Amel yearly upkeep cost

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Chris,
Where is your Santorin located?  As I wrote previously, I am in Colorado until May, but after will go to look at several Amel.  My time frame is to purchase a year from now.  How was your experience living aboard?  (This is what I want to do).  How about the A/C?  Do you have an estimated average yearly cost for the maintenance? (Hoses, filters, bearings, bushings, seals, etc.).  Did you use an external generator?  I know a lot of questions… Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre

--- On Wed, 11/17/10, Chris Smither <yachtakwaaba@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Re : [Amel] Amel yearly upkeep cost
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 7:31 PM

Hi all,
     Having just moved "ashore" after nearly 10 years of living aboard - we still have the Santorin - I have found that I grossly underestimated the amount of "little" maintenance jobs that you both do, every day, almost without noticing. These are jobs that my irreverent brother calls "fettling"
This means that without you really noticing lots of small problems get solved before they become big ones, whereas if you only get on the boat once or twice a week.......need I say more.
 Thus I believe that your maintenance costs are very much lower if you live aboard. And, dare I say it  that is another reason a boat is a "she" - you neglect them at your peril! (loud groan from Christine in the background).

Mike & Chris SN 27

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.