Re: Maramu repower

Dave_Benjamin

When we bought our Maramu it only had 50 hours on a 75hp Yanmar. We now have close to 600 and are delighted with the engine. We have spoken with mechanics who tell us that it's a very reliable unit.
Yanmar is very good for parts availability as well.

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "jochenh1109" <jochen@...> wrote:

Hello dear forum members,

Our Blue Song finally needs a new Diesel, and we'll have to have it installed down here in Grenada.

Who of the fellow Maramu owners have gone through that exercise, what new engine did you install (or have installed) and why did you choose that specific motor, how painful was the exercise, how happy are you with your new engine ?

We are presently considering a Cummins (but that is a 3.3 ltr, 65 HP engine - fuel consumption....) or a 52 HP Yanmar (is that enough HP, it is a bit less than our old Perkins 4154).

ANY useful comment/suggestion/hint will be appreciated, there is so much you can do wrong as I have read in various cruisers forums

Thanks in advance and fair winds

Jochen
s/v Blue Song
Maramu #143