Re: [Amel] Maramu repower

Dave_Benjamin

Hi Deb and John,

The problem with the port and starboard rail solar install is that one is almost always in shade due to the mizzen boom. We are adding a set of davits and will put a third panel on top of the crosspiece between the davits. If you have davits or plan to have davits I'd suggest getting one or two panels up there as the rail mounted ones have proven inefficient.

We spent last season on the hook and I was keeping a pretty close eye on the solar controller.

Cheers,

Dave Benjamin
Maramu #29

--- In amelyachtowners@..., woods deborah <woodsdeborah_56@...> wrote:

Hi Howard

Many thanks for the information we are looking into the Yanmar and the pics were
really helpful. You have installed your solar panels on port and starboard rails
at the stern we are planning to do the same with two Kyocera 135 watt panels.
Foe interest which way did you run the cables? Did you go through the deck as
close to the toe rail as possible and install cable glands?

Regards

Deb and John
Orion1